Sat, Nov 14|
Carissa's Fitness Studio LLC
Samba No Pé, Basic Footwork & Technique with Juli Isaza
Time & Location
Nov 14, 2020, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Carissa's Fitness Studio LLC, 421 Kalanikoa Street, Hilo, HI, USA
About the Event
In this 1.5 hour workshop, you will learn the basics of this fun and very happy dance from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. We will explore our bodies through the movements of this dance characterized by the foot work. We will also practice corporal expressions, hips movements, and some basic Samba No Pé sequences.
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Bring water and a towel because you'll probably be sweating a bit!
Social distancing will be observed.
Limited to 9 participants only.
Mask required upon entry.
$25 fee due at least 48 hours prior to the event to secure your spot.
Remit $25 payment via one of the following:
- Venmo @Joyce-IsazaCastrillon
- For cash payment, email us to coordinate cash drop-off at the Studio: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Instructor
Juli Isaza is a mix of Colombian and Brazilian. For the last 12 years, she has been dancing and teaching Samba and Latin dances while traveling. She was part of the BAILANDO BRASIL dance company for the Brazilian singer MARCELO TORNELLY in Costa Rica. This dance company performed in national and international events, including THE WORLD CUP SOCCER CHAMPIONSHIP, concerts, events and tv advertisements for brands like Coca-Cola, some telecommunication companies and others.
Her latest works of this year include:
- Musa of the BRAZIL CARNIVAL in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (February 2020) for the Vigário Geral dance school.
- Workshops and show tours in Costa Rica (March 2020), sponsored by The Center of Brazilian Studies and Culture in Costa Rica.
- Performance in the Brazil Carnival in Costa Rica.
- Trainings with 2 of the best samba teachers in Brazil:
*Egili Oliveira: Rainha of the Vigário Geral samba school
*Patrick Carvalho: Founder and teacher of samba congress in Brasil,
Los Angeles, and Australia